Elder Scrolls Online’s Update 12, One Tamriel, is due to be released on the PTS today (currently the PTS is undergoing maintenance for the patch.)
I am really excited to try out the Update 12 patch whenever the PTS server comes up. I am going to record/show off some of the
new things coming with the update, in particular the new Weapon Ultimates, which is one of the main things I am looking forward to.
I will continue to update this page with news about the patch, such as patch notes, etc, so make sure to check back 😀
Highlights from the patch notes:
Game content in ESO is no longer gated by your character’s level!
- Right out of the tutorial you’ll have the freedom to go anywhere in Tamriel and play any content, in any order, just like other Elder Scrolls games. Your character will automatically scale and balance to the content.
- The alliance restrictions have been lifted in all open-world zones, with the exception of PvP areas.
- High-level players will be able to group with friends who are new to ESO; anyone below Champion 160 will scale so everyone can adventure together.
- Every zone has been modified to add world bosses and ensure a mixture of content for solo and group play is available.
New Item Sets
We’ve added 30 Item Sets to drop in Overland zones and Dungeons, with the full list of names for the new sets below.
- Armor of the Trainee
- Beekeeper’s Gear
- Bone Pirate’s Tatters
- Draugr Hulk
- Green Pact
- Knight-errant’s Mail
- Lamia’s Song
- Light Speaker
- Mother’s Sorrow
- Netch’s Touch
- Order of Diagna
- Plague Doctor
- Shalk Exoskeleton
- Skooma Smuggler
- Spider Cultist Cowl
- Spinner’s Garments
- Spriggan’s Thorns
- Strength of the Automaton
- Sword Dancer
- Treasure Hunter
- Vampire Cloak
- Vampire Lord
- Ysgramor’s Legacy
You can now initiate duels with other players!
- This new feature can be found in the social interaction wheel when interacting with another player, or simply typing /duel <player name>.
- Duels may be initiated in any non-PVP overland zone against a player of any alliance.
- Duels can only be done between 2 player characters, and only a certain amount of duels can occur within a given area.
- If you don’t want to fight other player characters or receive dueling invitations, the Social panel in your options menu allows the auto-declining of duels.
- Duels have the following rules:
- After the challenged player accepts the duel invitation, a countdown to begin will appear in the center of both player’s screens.
- All outside influences such as healing, buffs, etc. from other player characters will be blocked when a duel begins, and will last for the duration of the duel.
- Combat with a monster will not break or end a duel.
- Battle-spirit will still be applied to any player characters within a duel.
- Duels will have a radius you must stay inside, and will be centered around a Dueling Flag.
- You will be notified if you are nearing the “out of bounds” area of the duel.
- Leaving the duel area results in a forfeit.
- A duel is completed when one player character is knocked down to 0 hitpoints.
- You will be offered a free resurection if defeated, or can be resurrected by other player characters.
- New achievements have been added to your journal for winning 1, 25, and 100 duels.
- Note that we have exposed your duel statistics to the API including player name, class, alliance and race for making your own add-ons.
New Weapon Ultimates have been added to the game. Each Weapon skill line now has one Ultimate, and each Ultimate can be obtained by reaching Rank 50 in its respective Weapon skill line. Weapon Ultimates can be morphed as well!
New Monster Masks
16 new Monster Mask Item Sets have been added that drop in Dungeons. The following are a list of the names for the new sets:
- Infernal Guardian
- Pirate Skeleton
- Sentinel of Rkugamz
- Swarm Mother
- The Troll King
This is just a small bit from the patch notes. To see the full patch notes, click the following link!
I recently made a few videos on the PTS, mostly showcasing the new Monster sets and weapon ultimates. If you haven’t seen the videos yet, here they are 🙂